Friday, July 16, 2010

Isn't this awesome!

http://mormonsformarriage.com/

It looks like there is a group of Mormons who understand that gay marriage does not threaten "the traditional marriage"! You go guys!

I also appreciated their link http://mormonsformarriage.com/?p=255#more-255 that talks about the fact/fiction of the documentary 8 The Mormon Proposition. I saw the documentary when it was still newly out and I was kinda turned off by the focus on all the money that the LDS church spent to promote Prop 8. I did like, however, that they showed families like mine that are hurt by the homophobia that exists in peoples hearts. It was a little scary to see these guys confirm most of what the documentary stated.

All too often people use the guise of religion to hide their hatred of the "other" or the "enemy". Personally, I don't see a major difference between the attack on the WTC 9/11 and "moralist" attacking gay marriage. They both hide behind their religion and pat each other on the back for doing Gods will.

So today, I guess I wanted to thank this group of Mormons for daring to be different. The leadership of the LDS is just as anti-gay as many other American religions and I think it takes balls when people call out their church for deviating from their foundation of love and tolerance.

I think these Mormons probably have a lot more in common with their ancestors then most.

No comments:

Post a Comment